Cut the Crap, Get a Job! A New Job Search Process for a New Era
is a revolutionary and fresh job search book that delivers an intensive approach to help everyone from college graduates to senior executives find their next career moves. You’ll learn the current approach to the latest employment practices and brand new proprietary techniques for career development.
Additionally, you will gain access to free downloadable tools to manage your personal job search.
What’s unique and powerful about “Cut the Crap, Get a Job?”
- It’s simple—it breaks the end-to-end job search into bite-sized pieces, including solutions, tricks, and homework assignments to coach you through every step.
- It’s written from the perspective of a veteran hiring manager with experience in Fortune 500 corporations as well as small companies and start-ups.
- It provides all the technology-based tools you need to start a search through winning the job.
- It challenges tired, old practices and teaches innovative, proprietary techniques that will show you what it takes to be the best stand-out candidate being interviewed.
If you’re ready to set serious and land your next career move, don’t waste another moment – read this book today!
Table of Contents:
Section 1 - Attitude, Commitment, and Goal-Setting
- Chapter 1: Get Ready to Compete—In Your Head
- Chapter 2: Commit to the Odds Game
- Chapter 3: Set a Goal before Applying for Jobs
- Chapter 4: Outline Your Job Search Plan
Section 2 -Preparing to Win a Job
- Chapter 5: Build Your Job Tracking Tool
- Chapter 6: Sources for Jobs, Online and Offline
- Chapter 7: Social Media’s Role in Job Search
- Chapter 8: Research, Research, Research
- Chapter 9: Interview Preparation—In Advance
- Chapter 10: Network for Jobs
- Chapter 11: Cold Calling Companies
Section 3 - Apply and Interview
- Chapter 12: Phone Etiquette
- Chapter 13: Email Etiquette
- Chapter 14: Résumé Tips and Tricks
- Chapter 15: Applying for a Position—The New Cut the Crap(CTC) Candidate Packet and CTC Job
Description Profile (JD Profile)
- Chapter 16: Cover Letter Overhaul—A New Cut the Crap Cover Letter
- Chapter 17: Winning Interviews to Win a Job
- Chapter 18: Thank You and Follow-Up
About the Author:
Dana Manciagli has been a corporate executive for more than 30 years and has leveraged her employee hiring and management experience into that of author, blogger, keynote speaker, career coach, and global career expert.
Dana has had a remarkable career in global sales and marketing roles in Fortune 500 corporations. Recently retired from a decade’s tenure at Microsoft as Worldwide Sales General Manager, Dana previously worked for Kodak as Vice President of Worldwide Marketing and climbed the corporate career ladder through Sea-Land, Avery Dennison, and IBM. She also helped grow a technology start-up from early stage to IPO and sale of the company.
Dana has coached, interviewed, and hired thousands of job seekers. As a result, she has developed a proprietary job search and networking process. She has presented her concept at hundreds of career-centric and corporate events and is a prolific writer on the subject. Dana’s ideas and techniques are proven to be as effective for college graduates as for senior executives.
Named a top “Women of Influence” in Seattle, Dana lives and works in Puget Sound where she serves on the Worldwide Board of Junior Achievement. She is also a breast cancer survivor, received her MBA at the Thunderbird School of Global Management in Arizona, and speaks fluent Spanish. Dana shares her life with Mathis, is immensely proud of her two grown sons, Shane and Chad, and loves to golf and travel the world.
What career experts and authors are saying about this book:
Dana Manciagli’s book is very important especially during this time of global economic recovery. She is preparing people for employment! Great job!
—Stedman Graham, Author, Speaker, Entrepreneur
Welcome to the new reality! Cut the Crap, Get a Job is a welcome slap in the face to conventional job search “wisdom”. Dana shows you how to embrace your talents, understand your talents and land a job you’ll like. I highly recommend you invest the time in yourself to read it – because you’re worth it.
—David Perry, co-author of Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0 and Managing Partner of Perry-Martel International Inc.
Cut the Crap, Get a Job! provides the 2 essentials you must have to get a job in the 21st century: the right attitude and the right tactics. Dana’s “nothing can stop me,” hyper-positive, can-do attitude oozes out of this book. If you can harness that attitude and be disciplined enough to follow her simple instructions, there is no doubt: you will win a job!
—Ilise Benun, author of 7 books and founder of Marketing-Mentor.com and the Creative Freelancer Conference
Dana Manciagli, having led a remarkable career, tells the reader like it is to “Cut the Crap, Get a Job.” As a mentor, her logical, step-by –step approach, including the latest techniques of ‘social recruiting’ will in deed focus you in the right direction to achieve powerful results.
—Susan Bulkeley Butler, CEO, Susan Bulkeley Butler Institute for the Development of Women Leaders; Author: Become the CEO of You, Inc. and WOMEN COUNT: A Guide to Changing the World, Former Managing Partner at Accenture.
“A direct, no-nonsense tool to help you get out of overwhelm and into action to get the job you want NOW!
—Anna Liotta, Author of Unlocking Generational CODES
Job-seekers would be well advised to heed Dana’s advice. A clear focus on activities that bring results – such as modern day networking techniques – is critical in today’s jobs market. Dana will help you cut through the hype and focus on doing those things most likely to bring job search success. Highly recommended.
—Tony Restell,,Director & Co-Founder, Top-Consultant.com and Social-Hire.com